To be very honest, beetroots was never my favorite vegetable but when my anemic conditions revived, my hemoglobin became 6.6 and I started getting advice from all over, I was forced to give Beetroot another try as it was ranked number 1 in the listing of Iron-rich food.
During my research, I learned that beetroot should be taken raw as it loses most of its nutrients when cooked. Somehow I managed eating beets in salad but didn’t really like it.
Then I started looking for another ways to eat beetroots raw. Juicing beets was an obvious option. After trying many different recipes, finally I found a recipe which was the Best Beet Juice Recipe ever. The color of this beet juice is so extraordinary, beautiful red, that it looks tempting. It tasted so heavenly that I could drink it every day. After 2 months my hemoglobin reached 11.4 which was quite a great accomplishment.
Here is my favorite Beetroot juice recipe which is definitely worth a try. I have also listed the benefits of Beetroot juice that might inspire you too.
- 2 medium sized Beets with stem and leaves attached.
- 4 Carrots
- 1 Apple
- 1 small piece of ginger
- Half lemon
- Wash all the ingredients properly especially beets as it might have lot of dirt.
- Take the top off of carrots and beets.
- Cut into manageable pieces so that it can pass through the Juicer.
- Juice and Enjoy!! This recipe will make 2 glasses of juices.
Health Benefits of beetroot juice
- Cure Anemia: As I already discussed, beetroot juice helped to improve my hemoglobin. Beets contains large amount of Iron and Folic acid which helps in the production of red blood cell and thus increases hemoglobin.
- Lowers Blood Pressure: Beetroots are rich in nitrates that have the immediate effect in reducing blood pressure.
- Increases Stamina: Beetroots helps in the transportation of oxygen in the body by increasing the amount of oxygen being carried out by red blood cells which increases the energy level and thus builds Stamina during exercises. It has been noted that beetroot juice greatly increases the performance of athletes who drinks it before their match
- Cleansing Agent: Beetroots are excellent cleansing agent. It detoxifies the liver and kidney by breaking down the stones deposits. It discourages the fatty dispositions around the liver wall because of bad food habits and thus stimulates the liver cell functionality. Beetroots have magnesium which helps to clean the blood vessels.
- Prevents Cancer: Beetroot have betacyanin which slows down the formation of cancerous tumors. Beetroot and Carrots juice have been very popular as an Alternate treatment for cancer patients.
If you have any questions about Beetroot Juice or would like to share your experience. Please leave your comments below. I would be more than happy to reply.